Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Getting Prepared for lift off!

Hello readers!  Are you ready for this journey to start?  I sure am.... just waiting for one small detail to arrive.  I didn't say much about this is my previous post, but I am going to do the Advocare 24 Day Challenge!  It came highly recommended by my friend who used to be my personal trainer!


I am super excited to have this to jump start my weight loss, and have seen some amazing results from her other clients, some of whom I have personally met.  It is always worth more when you see these things in real life.  Are you the same way?

So, with that said... let me be the dummy and try it out.  I have never been a believer in a magic pill, or a fad diet.  I have read and read about Advocare, and it sounds amazing to me, and very safe.

My package should arrive tomorrow, and at that time I am going to leave my insecurities at the door and get my before pictures and my first weigh-in behind me.  Am I ready for this?  Yep!


I have to be honest though... the last couple days I have indulged in some favorite foods.  Pizza, homemade corn chowder, ice cream, and my moms homemade biscuits and gravy.  It's sad to think that I actually felt the "one more time" need.  THAT is my problem.  I just need to realize that I don't need the garbage anymore, and that it is slowly killing me.

I got some really sweet comments on my first post, and wanted to share one of them.  My reader Rebekah gave me this quote to live by on my journey.

"You only have to get through today. I only have to think about today's workout, today's menu. I will think about tomorrow when it gets here. Just one single day at a time."

That is exactly what I am going to do.  It actually fits very well with my blog title.  "Breathing in the Moment" was chosen from the song "This is My Now", which is my #1 motivator when working out.  And This IS MY NOW!!  And I am going to breathe in the moment each day, each step.

If I can get one single thing out of this blog, it is the support, and inspiration.  Ok That was 2 things.  I want to be able to support and be supported by my readers.  And when I lay down at night, knowing I am inspiring one other person to start their journey to health, then I have accomplished more than I could dream!

With that said, here is my motivational song.  You may see a few of these from time to time, and I hope you take the time to download these great songs onto your workout playlist!



1 comment:

  1. I know it's very hard. I'll try to support you from the other side of the big Ocean.

    ReplyDelete